Working Plan Forest Division (N)
(1) History & genesis of the Division :-
The Working Plan Forest Division started functioning since 29th September, 1978 with Mr. Shamsher Ali, IFS as its first Working Plan Officer under Directorate of Forest & Soil Conservation in the Directorate building. The coming 29th September/2018 will be its 40th years of existence (40th Anniversary). This Division has seen as much as 33 (thirty three) Working Plan officers of which 23 nos. are Central Service and 10 State Forest Service Officers. Since the Working Plan Division was bifurcated back in 2005 into 2(two) Division viz. WPO(N) & (S). This Divisiion is now, officially known as Working Plan Forest Division(N) with its headquarters at Aizawl.
(2) (A) Activities : The main aim and object of this Working Plan Forest Division(N) is to perform survey and demarcation of different territorial divisions under its jurisdiction to chalk out the various items like location with Geo-Coordination of roads, rivers, R/F, RRF, ranges as well as Divisions etc. In addition to these all, this division office has to enumerate the trees, bamboos, medicinal plants and many other important flora and fauna to prepare working plan for each individual divisions and obtain approval from the competent authority i.e. Regional Office at Shillong etc.
(B) Achievement : The achievement of this division is as below :-
Out of 7 Divisions i.e. Kawrthah, Mamit, N.Vanlaiphai, Kolasib, Thenzawl, Aizawl, Champhai and Darlawn, Working Plan in respect of Kawrthah Forest Division was completed and obtained approval from the Competent Authority. Also implementation of Working Plan of the said division was started and continued till its date of expiry. Later it was applied for extension of Period of implementation. However recently the authority has allowed for 3 years’ extension of Working Plan.
For Kolasib, Thenzawl, Mamit and Aizawl Divisions this office has submitted the complete working plan and for which it is being waited for approval.
And for Champhai and Darlawn Divisions, the working plans are under preparation. (Draft working plan for Darlawn Working Plan has already been submitted).
Working Scheme approved :
1. Thenzawl Private Plantations raised (outside notified forests) on Govt. leased lands operative from date of issuance of approval and for 5 years from 21.7.2010
2. Kolasib Gomari working scheme effective from date of issuance of approval for a period of 3 years from 21.7.2010
3. Working Scheme for Private Plantations raised (outside notified forests) on Govt. leased lands under Kolasib Forest Division effective for a period of 5 years from date of issuance of approval (16.8.2010).
4. Kolasib Bamboo working scheme is operative for 3 years from the date of approval from 3.7.2013
(3) Incumbency of DFO :-
Sl. No Name from to
1. S. Ali I.F.S. 29.09.78 16.06.81
2. C. Lalvuana, S.F.S. 17.06.81 28.05.82
3. Rohmingliana, I.F.S 29.05.82 16.11.82
4. C. Ramhluna , I.F.S 17.11.82 16.12.82
5. Rohmingliana, I.F.S 17.12.82 06.09.84
6. Lalchungnunga Ralte, S.F.S 07.09.84 09.10.86
7. C. Lalvuana, S.F.S. 10.10.86 19.09.89
8. Lallianzuala, S.F.S 20.09.89 17.10.89
9. R. Kemp,I.F.S 18.10.89 14.03.91
10. R. Pachhunga, S.F.S 15.03.91 18.06.91
11. Rosiama Vanchhong, I.F.S 19.06.91 12.12.91
12. Liandawla, I.F.S 13.12.91 30.07.93
13. G. Kumar, I.F.S 02.08.93 05.05.94
14. Lalzuiliana, S.F.S 05.05.94 09.05.94
15. B. Suanzalang, I.F.S 10.05.94 17.08.98
16. Dr. Keyiekhrie Kire,I.F.S 17.08.98 25.07.99
17. Lalthangliana murray, I.F.S 26.07.99 05.02.01
18. K.B. Singh,I.F.S 06.02.01 29.08.02
19. Lalthangliana Murray, I.F.S 21.10.02 21.11.05
20. R.K. Gupta, I.F.S 22.11.05 07.08.06
21. Jitendra Kumar, I.F.S 08.08.06 09.05.07
22. R.K. Gupta, I.F.S 10.05.07 11.05.07
23. Lalthlamuana Pachuau, S.F.S 11.05.07 29.05.07
24. Lalthangliana Murray, I.F.S 30.05.07 22.02.08
25. C. Lalbiaka, M.F.S 22.02.08 17.02.09
26. Ravi Horo, I.F.S 17.02.09 11.05.11
27. Lalnunsanga Khawlhring M.F.S 11.05.11 18.03.13
28. Dr. C. Vidhyasagar, I.F.S 28.07.13 30.08.13
29. M.Z. Singson,I.F.S 01.09.13 13.09.13
30. Saurabh Sharma, I.F.S 13.09.13 28.07.14
31. Dr. C. Vidhyasagar, I.F.S 28.07.14 11.05.15
32. Tsewang Gyaltson, I.F.S 11.05.15 08.02.17
33. N. Viji , I.F.S 08.02.17